Gap Year OptionsBy esljoblinks I Africa, Australia / Oceania, East Asia, Europe, Middle East, North America, South America, Teaching - Other I 0 comment
Are you looking to fill a gap of time between graduating and grad school or something else…..like settling into a full-time career? A Gap Year is known also as a “year off”, “year out”, “deferred year”, “bridging year”, “time off”, “time out” or “overseas experience”.
Even though it is called a “Gap Year”, Gap Year commitments commonly range in length from 6 months to 1 year. There are many, many ways to “fill the gap”, including working temporary part-time and full-time jobs, volunteering, studying or working abroad, or doing a combination of those things!
From teaching overseas in a city with 10 million people or volunteering on a Native American reservation, you will find that there are thousands of interesting places to spend a year teaching while gaining experience and learning more about yourself and the world we live in. Unique learning, life enriching, and service-related opportunities exist throughout the world.
Take a few minutes to consider if a Gap Year is right for you.
A Gap Year experience can provide a chance for you to:
– Learn about yourself and your world
– Make an impact within an organization or community
– Test the waters of a possible career
– Make a difference in an individual’s life
– Gain practical, hands-on, “real life” experience
– Explore what it means to serve
– Pursue an interest or a dream
– Develop new skills
– Take a break from school or before starting graduate school
– Experience something you may not have the opportunity to later in life
Go back to the job board to see what is currently available around globe.