WHY TEACH OVERSEAS?By esljoblinks I Africa, Australia / Oceania, East Asia, Europe, Middle East, North America, South America, Teaching - Other I 0 comment
Thousands of candidates take their first position abroad thinking that it will be their last. Although this is true for some, many teachers make international education a career choice which opens up new horizons filled with excitement, discovery and fulfillment.
REASONS TO TEACH INTERNATIONALLY
– Enjoy the stimulus of developing your professional career in exciting new places.
– Experience the richly varied world of international schools, with English as the language of instruction, small class sizes, motivated students and high standards.
– Work in fascinating and diverse multicultural environments ranging from host country schools to schools catering mainly for expatriates—and everything in between.
– Become part of a team of energized and highly competent international teachers.
– Broaden your knowledge and experience through adapting to life and work in a different community and culture.
– Make a difference in the lives of global children.
– Live comfortably with the potential for significant savings. International schools will usually offer attractive (and in many places tax-free) salaries and many other benefits such as housing, annual home leave with round-trip air fares, health insurance and so on.
– Enjoy an attractive lifestyle and unparalleled opportunities for travel.
The world of international education is steadily growing, and with it the demand for high-quality teachers with the appropriate skills, enthusiasm and commitment. Teaching overseas is an excellent career choice, and one that could positively transform your life.