Enthusiastic English as Second Language (ESL) instructors Part-Time
EF International Language Campus, Washington DC, United States
|About this job:||
EF International Language Center located in Takoma, Washington, DC is seeking energetic, enthusiastic English as Second Language (ESL) instructors for part-time positions. As the world leader in international education, EF is committed to academic excellence while ensuring students enjoy the experience of a lifetime. EF’s beautiful DC school hosts a diverse population of students from around the world. To be considered, applicants must have a BA/BS degree, TEFL certificate and previous ESL teaching experience. Applicants must be able to demonstrate a strong grasp of grammar, writing and communication skills. Candidates with overseas teaching experience and foreign language ability are preferred.
Reporting to the Academic Director, EF teachers are part of an extremely dedicated and professional team. Teachers work with each other and our administrative staff to ensure that all students have a positive program experience. Following EF’s world renowned EFEKTA curriculum, teachers ensure students meet their language learning goals in fun and innovative ways. This is a part-time position. No re-location or visa assistance available. Local candidates preferred.
• Planning and delivering lessons to students aged 16+ and ranging from beginner to advanced levels of English proficiency. Most students are aged 17-30 and both one-on-one and group lessons are available.
• Using electronic media and EF-developed courseware to teach English efficiently and effectively — this includes regular use of computer-assisted learning technology.
• Evaluating student progress and providing ongoing guidance and support.
• Completing all administrative duties (lesson plans, attendance registers, grading) in an accurate and timely manner.
• Attending regular staff meetings and training/professional development sessions.
• Assisting with curriculum development and implementation.
• Promoting and supporting school-wide initiatives and events, especially collecting student feedback and directing students to the appropriate staff.
· Bachelor’s Degree required (MA in TESOL, Linguistics or related field preferred)
· TEFL certificate (CELTA or equivalent preferred)
· 2-3 years teaching experience, preferably in EFL/ESL. TOEFL experience a plus.
· Experience utilizing communicative and task-based teaching methods
· Patience and flexibility for working with individuals in a culturally diverse environment
· A true passion for teaching and a strong desire to improve learning outcomes and student experiences
· Experience teaching overseas or learning a second language a strong plus
· Must be able to obtain a clear background check