ESL Teacher Full-Time
Niagara College, Canada & the University of Suwon, Suwon, Korea, Republic of
|About this job:||
Niagara College, widely regarded as one of Canada’s most innovative applied learning post-secondary institutions, has expanded its international reach to Suwon, South Korea. With a strategic focus on developing “world-ready and work-ready” graduates, the new Niagara College off-shore program in Suwon specializes in delivering ESL classes to allow international students to complete Niagara College’s English for Academic Purposes program in Suwon leading to academic pathways to Niagara College Canada’s post-secondary programs.
Applications are invited for the position of EFL Instructor at the Niagara College Suwon campus. Reporting to the Coordinator at Suwon campus and Associate Dean ESL at Niagara College Canada, the ESL instructor is responsible for providing an effective learning environment for students. This exciting career opportunity offers the ideal candidate a once-in-a lifetime educational development experience in an international environment to deliver outstanding language training.
This position is for the academic year 2018-2019, with the possibility of renewal. The position is based in Suwon, South Korea.
It is expected that the successful candidate will be flexible in terms of hours of work and maintain confidentiality, diplomacy and tact regarding internal and external relations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Delivery of approximately 20-25 hours of English language instruction per week
• Provide remediation during non-teaching periods
• Prepare teaching and learning plans consistent with defined learning outcomes / objectives
• Prepare evaluations to assess student comprehension of objectives
• Incorporate educational technologies to meet student learning needs
• Provide a learning environment which makes effective use of available resources including educational technologies and the College-approved Learning Management System
• Participate in curriculum and consultative committees and departmental faculty meetings
• Evaluate student progress / achievement and assume responsibility for the overall assessment of the student’s work within the assigned courses
• Develop and create a learning environment that is conducive to success for all students
• Liaise with community members and engage in program and College promotion
Required qualifications, at a minimum, include:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline from a recognized university where the language of instruction is English with at least 4 years of previous teaching experience in the post-secondary sector or a master’s degree in a related discipline with at least 2 years of previous teaching experience in the post secondary sector.
• Acceptable programs of study include: English Language, English Literature, TESOL, Applied Linguistics or Education with an English Teaching Major
• Able to work in South Korea (Possess work permit)
• Recognized TEFL/TESL teaching qualifications
• Two years’ experience in English language instruction for adults
• Non-native speakers of English should possess an IELTS 7.5 academic certificate or equivalent as determined by Niagara College
• Demonstrated training and/or experience in the implementation and integration of multimedia technologies in an ESL/EFL language-learning environments
• Experience in web-based technologies & computer-assisted language learning (CALL)
• Demonstrated ability to work with diverse student populations
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills
Compensation and Benefits Package: A competitive salary package based on academic qualifications and teaching experience will be offered to the successful candidate.
Cover Letters & Resumés should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position title in the subject line.
Closing Date: Closing Date Aug 14h 2018 at 4:30pm
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.