Make a Difference Teaching in Rural Cambodia (English, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science, Geography, History, Morality & Civics) Full-Time
New Hope for Cambodian Children , Cambodia
|About this job:||
We’re recruiting experienced and enthusiastic teachers who seek an opportunity to work with children in residential care, living in rural Cambodia.
Our school is an English-language immersion school operated by New Hope for Cambodian Children (a Cambodian NGO) as part of their mission to provide quality education for the HIV+ children in their care. We are located 33 KM from the capital Phnom Penh, in a rural village surrounded by rice fields.
Positions starting immediately
Primary School – Grade 4 and Grade 5
Classroom Teachers responsibly for English, Mathematics, Social Studies and Science
High School – Grade 7 Social Studies
Subjects: Homeroom, Geography, History, Morality & Civics
NOTE: As our school year has already begun we are looking to fill these positions as soon as possible. Please indicate your availability in your cover letter.
* Class sizes average 12 to 20 students
* 20 contact hours with students per week
* Teachers design lessons based on Cambodian Government statements
* Academic year from late October to early August
* Compensation includes US$200 per month plus private onsite accommodation, all meals and the cost of a year business visa.
* Native English language speakers
* Degree in Education or TESOL qualifications
* One year of classroom based teaching experience, with strong behaviour management skills
* Recent police clearance
* Experience working or travelling for extended periods in a foreign country
* Ability to live communally in a rural setting
You can visit our website at www.newhopeforcambodianchildren.org for more information about NHCC.
To apply for a position, or request additional information, please email your CV and a cover letter, stating the grade position you are interested in, to John Tucker at firstname.lastname@example.org