Native English Professors Starting March, 1st, 2019 Full-Time
Korea Polytechnic University, Siheung City, Korea, Republic of
|About this job:||
Korea Polytechnic University in Siheung City (Jeongwang Station, Seoul Subway Line 4, www.kpu.ac.kr) is looking for English language professors to join a small team teaching our freshman English program. The program has some of the smallest class sizes and highest contact hours per class in Korea, as well as considerable freedom to adapt the curriculum to your beliefs and teaching style. Ideal candidates will be enthusiastic and responsible as well as talented at interacting with students and organizing communicative classes.
– Teaching freshman English classes of no more than 20 students for a total of 16 hours per week.
* Professors will also be required to teach 5 week courses to university students on the Intensive English Program during vacations. This is a chance to specialize in a subject such as academic writing, debate, film English or business communication. There are 100 contracted hours across the two vacations. Hours worked above these are paid at 20,000 won/hr.
– Basic salary of 2.8-2.85m won per month depending on experience and qualifications. There are often opportunities to teach additional classes during the semester for extra pay.
– Native speaker of English
The minimum requirements are non-negotiable and those not meeting them will not be contacted. If you do not meet the minimum requirements, please do not apply for the position.
In addition, preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate knowledge of the past and future contexts that inform Korean English education, and show an ability to apply this knowledge in delivering relevant, realistic and interesting English classes while also proving reflective and empathetic professionals.
If you wish to apply for the position, please submit the following by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Jan. 23th, 2019.
1. Application Form (downloadable from: http://bitly.kr/yuAVR)
Successful applicants will also be required to submit the following in order to receive a contract (these do not need to be submitted at time of application).
Preference will be given to applicants who are available for personal interviews. However applicants based abroad are welcome to apply. Applications will be reviewed in the order that they are received and interview candidates will be contacted through email. If you have any questions, please feel free to email email@example.com or call us at 031-8041-0817 during business hours.
Ji Young Lee